Monday, January 30, 2012

The Details

So I admit it...I don't pay attention to the details. I am a quick-get-it-done kind of person. I love checking things off the list. In fact, I often create the list after I knowingly finish the items on the list, just so I can cross them off! Details are not my thing. So when we got a call that another mishap on our Express mailed adoption package was noted because something was dated 2011, I , nor my husband, was surprised.  In fact, my husband actually made a comment, "Details really aren't your thing, are they, honey?". No, Dear, I JUST want to get all this nonsense done!!!! So in that frantic, "I need to do it all now" feeling, we notarized a new document that says 2012 and we are good to go. Hopefully, this week we will get our long awaited number. The number that finally gets us on the list to our son. I said to a friend tonight, "I feel like I am in a race and people are just passing me by, getting better numbers. She gently reminded me that nobody will be taking MY child. That is already planned perfectly. Thankfully, not everything falls under my control. This is something I remind myself with daily.


right now, I am ...
:: humbled by the fact that I have so much further to go.
:: marveling how this January is flying by in such a blur, embracing that, and riding the wave right on into February.
:: plotting our spring garden
:: savoring a wonderful trip to the city for a Famous Forth Street Deli birthday FEAST! 
:: finishing a dozen handmade dolls. 
:: anticipating the Created 4 Care Retreat in March!!
:: listening to the complete stillness and quietness that comes in the late hours of the night. 
:: feeling grateful for the the beauty of quietness that comes in February. 
:: loving all the heart-shaped crafty kid goodness that keeps coming my way.
:: hoping that everyone has a little bit of that kind of Good Love in their lives.
:: wanting to get out tomorrow for another long swim.
:: thinking it would be nice if spring came a bit early this year.
:: thankful for a husband who can get us anywhere, anytime. He is a navigational genius.
:: making spaghetti and garlic bread for dinner tomorrow night.
:: planning on a wonderful bible study tomorrow morning.
:: wishing you a lovely start to your week!  

No comments:

Post a Comment