Thursday, March 8, 2012
The Next One
I realized recently that there is something about a quilt, that is entirely different from everything else that I sew, and not just how its made. But I regard a quilt as such a different event, it occupies my mind in a completely different way. I never know what I might be about to sew next, whether a skirt, or a bag, or a pillow, or a half a dozen dolls. But with a quilt, I seem to hover on it mentally for a while before I begin. I compose it internally for a good while before setting out to make it. I always know which one is next. It is an event- making one- isn't it? Small or large its a "save the date" taped to the wall in your mental creative space. I have a new quilt almost all planned now (imaginatively), and hope to crank out a couple more before May. Where the time will come from I am not sure, but in my head the quilts are really beautiful already.
We are in the early stages of planning another craft fair benefiting the adoption ministry at church. A delightful family has decided to open up their farm and host the fair on their grounds and in their barn. I can't tell you how excited I am about not just the idea, but everything that it promises to be.
Labels:
craft fair
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment