Tuesday, September 11, 2012

And then it was time to play...

It's happened. They're back in school, and I'm not sure how that slippery summer slid past so slyly.
It's the perpetual groundhog day experience, each year at the end of school I wonder what in the world we're going to do for the whole summer to keep everyone busy and happy and then before we have a chance to check off everything, it's time for fresh stacks of notebook paper, spotless shoes, and the scent of newly sharpened pencils.

This year is new for us. We have a middle-schooler. What?! We quickly learned that junior high is a WHOLE NOTHER THING. We went to school before school started so he could practice his locker combination. Do you ever have those recurring nightmares? Mine is always that I'm back in high school and can't remember my locker combination or my class schedule. I wake up panicking every single time.

This year was hard for me putting them on the school bus. Middle school has got me all sentimental on how fast my children are growing up. Sweet Cole is in 4th grade and not a day goes by that I worry about his progress in school, however all his friends are in his class so he thinks his year is golden. Hmmmm. Clare happily skipped off to 1st grade. She could not be more ready for full time school. It is so strange to not have her around. The absence of her giant personality has Clark filling in the blank space with idle chit chat. He cracks me up. 

He reminds me to play because we happen to be right here next to each other. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment