Monday, December 19, 2011

Gifts



written by Ann Voskamp, One Thousand Gifts
Joy:
...The brave who focus on all things good and all things beautiful and all things true, even in the small, who give thanks for it and discover joy even in the here and now, they are the change agents who bring fullest Light to all the world. When we lay the soil of our hard lives open in the rain of grace and let joy penetrate our cracked and dry places, let joy soak into our broken skin and deep crevices, life grows...

Time:
Time is a relentless river. It rages on, a respecter of no one. And this, this is the only way to slow time: When I fully enter time's swift current, enter into the current moment with the weight of all my attention, I slow the torrent with the weight of me all here...Weigh down this moment in time with attention full, and the whole of time's river slows, slows, slows...I have lived the runner, panting ahead in worry, pounding back in regrets, terrified to live the present, because here-time asks me to do the hardest of all: just open wide and receive.




I can't believe how easy the tree went up this year. Just popped it in the stand and voila, it was straight. This is largely contrasted from last year when the tree almost fell over on multiple occasions. When we stood back and looked at it, we all commented that we probably never have picked a more scrawny tree, but once the limbs relaxed, and the ornaments on, it looks beautiful. The train fits perfect underneath, and the kids have been having a great time with it.  

A friend handed me two huge bins of GeoTrax trains. I knew nothing about how awesome this toy is! I have two sick kids home today, and I knew I was going to need some quality entertainment. We set up a very exciting track and then we realized that the trains are self-propelled. Fun! 


Pumping the kids with vitamin C to fight the running noses, sore throats, cough and headache. Can't hurt. Neither does candy canes, twinkling lights, sparkling snowflakes, homemade cookies, cuddley overgrown puppies, loving husbands, squishy pillows, warm quilts or hot tea with honey.

Sponsored Dresses!
Felt a bit weird hanging out these dresses for a photo in 30 degree weather. Wishing a could wrap up these up for Christmas in fancy tissue with a big bow on top. Can't stop thinking about the children who won't receive a family this holiday season. I made these dresses for older girls. My heart is heavy for the older child who might be caring for siblings or have experienced more pain and loss and trying to survive in bleak situations.

Thank you Paul and Heather for your generous sponsorship.  
Anonymous contributor 
















No comments:

Post a Comment