Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Time Brings Confidence

Time seems to exponentially speed up once you have a child. And by the time child number 4 comes along it seems like you set them down to crawl around, go put in a load of laundry and get dinner started, and you turn around and they're starting middle school.



I am grateful I am where I am, though. College was great fun, but I'd never want to do it again. My 20s brought me marriage and motherhood, and while I certainly think fondly of my first year of being a mom, I am more than content to be right as I am.



I have learned confidence. I have practiced perseverance. I have discovered abilities. I have grown as a wife and mother.



It's that whole sapling allegory, you know? The one who is subjected to the storms learns to bend, change, and become stronger. My mind is stronger, my passion is brighter, and my love and ability to love is larger.



I'm thinking that while time is speeding up, it's worth it when each decade gets correspondingly better.







No comments:

Post a Comment