Today's trip to the library was crazy. Books being pulled off the shelf, Clark running every which way, and every book on the Reading Olympic list picked over. (I know, I looked for every single one.) I'd like to speak with the person in the library staff that thought it would be a great idea to install a play-set similar to something you would find on the tv show, "Gladiators" or "Wipeout", in the middle of the children's section. There is a super bouncy gym mat with puffy mushrooms sticking out of it that my kids like to throw themselves onto like they are a contestant on the show "Wipeout". Then there is this tall slide made out of foam where my kids were trying to push each other off of as if they are "gladiators". As if that isn't enough total chaos, there are several puffy benches that kids like to jump on and off from in the midst of throwing puppets in the air and catching them. I would consider my kids to behave well in most situations, they mind me and have manners appropriate for their age. Somehow, seeing this library set-up, makes them turn into little monsters and makes me want to run for the hills.
Even among crazy days and possibly an already crazy life...we are adopting. There will be crazy days no matter how many kids you have. I am going to stay focused on that beautiful child we will be matched up with. We will welcome him into our hearts and home forever. It is really a beautiful thing. Many people have asked me how I've come to the decision to adopt. It really all started with a dear friend adopting who opened my eyes and my heart took ahold to the orphan. One year of research, and trying to talk myself out of it, I just couldn't. We kept coming back to it. How could I plan vacations, or buy expensive gadgets when there are children who don't have the biggest gift of all...LOVE. Obviously, we have lots of love to give. It was all the other questions that held me back. What about my four children? Is this the responsible thing to do for our family? The perfect answer to the our decision to adopt is through obedience, and faith, we are giving credit to God. Look at everything we have been given! The list is endless and I would call that priceless.
No comments:
Post a Comment