Saturday, October 29, 2011

Sneak Peak...Snow Day

I am in denial. I am keeping myself from looking outside the windows. It can't be...snow in October. All morning I refused to get out all the snow gear from the attic. After finally letting in, and trudging up to the much too messy attic, I threw down the hats, gloves, snow pants, boots, snow jackets, all destined to lay upon my tiny laundry room floor soaking wet. I am grieving the loss of bathing suits and flip flops, 90 degree days, and the roses in bloom. I have already forgotten the tomato bunker crop we had this year. Instead of popsicles and water ice my kids are already begging for hot chocolate with marshmallows. As I type, branches are snapping off trees left and right. I am expecting the yard to look like a war zone tomorrow when our caseworker comes to inspect our home. I was hoping to grace our front entrance with mums and carved pumpkins, colorful leaves upon the yard. Instead we have stark white snow, a snowman, made of snow AND leaves, in our front yard and a huge tree branch laying upon our front walkway. Can you tell I get annoyed when things don't go my way?

Let us get on with Sneak Peak Saturday and celebrate the roses that had bloomed plentiful in my garden this year. $5 each. I have taken to wearing one with every outfit.

No comments:

Post a Comment